Optical comparator vertical fixture
Hold your parts virtually in space.
R&R's Optical comparator fixture is the first of its kind. It provides a very effective and efficient way to hold your parts with minimum contact and maximum access. It can be mounted directly onto the rails of your comparator or the R&R Comparator fixture kit base plate by use of dovetail/jam nuts.*
This Optical comparator vertical fixture will permit your parts to be accurately held in a definite alignment, while the part is extended into the beam of light path for measurement. The fixture is designed to maximize your view of the part with minimum fixturing component obstructions, unlike traditional bulky and non-repeatable fixturing methods.
*Contact R&R for further information regarding dovetail/jam nuts.
- Vertical base has 8" OD and has a clear area of 5.5" ID.
- 3 stainless steel arms with 1/4-20 threaded holes and graduations will establish positions on your part. They can be moved into 8 locations around the base at every 45° and slide in and out to the desired position needed.
- 1/4-20 threaded holes are located around the face of the vertical fixture to allow use of multiple R&R Fixture components.
- Parts can be viewed from both sides of the fixture.
- Fixtures can be documented and recorded with the use of R&R Fixture components.
- Can be used on both CMM and vision systems also.